242 W Pike St
Covington, KY 41011
Phone: (800) 347-2902
Fax: (859) 491-3395
NORTHERN KENTUCKY CONVENTION CENTER RIGGING RULES
MAC Productions is proud to serve as the exclusive in-house rigging provider for the Northern Kentucky Convention Center (NKYCC).
NKYCC is equipped with permanent rigging point systems in the ballrooms and exhibit halls. As part of a comprehensive overhead safety and risk management program, the systems are annually verified and inspected by a certified rigger. As a result, we are required to approve all rigging designs and will provide all rigging labor and chain hoists for your event. We look forward to providing you with outstanding service and equipment.
- The Online Rigging Application form must be submitted online along with a scaled rigging plot no later than 21 days prior to load in. CAD Drawings submitted less than 21 days will incur additional charges as follows per review. 14‐20 days prior to the event L/I $100, 13‐7 days prior to the event L/I $250, and 6‐0 days prior to the event L/I $500.
- Rigging plots must include the following
- show all flow equipment
- include a key or the equipment must be noted
- must be in a dwg or dxf format *
- show weights
- show the reflective ceiling plan with hang points.
- After the preliminary Online Rigging Application and Plan Drawing have been submitted, the Rigging Supervisor will contact you to do a comprehensive safety review and discuss any questions, concerns, need for revisions, and ultimately a quote for rigging services.
- A charge of $250 per event will be assessed for a comprehensive safety review by our Rigging Supervisor. This review will verify point load calculations, staffing, and equipment needs, and CAD support to provide feedback on the initial rigging plot. Additional CAD assistance is available if needed and can be provided for an additional charge of $75 per hour.
* A $75 per hour fee will be assessed to convert PDF drawings into AutoCAD format. Hard copies will be accepted in a scale of no smaller than 1/8"-1’ and again must be received in our office 21 days prior to L/I or Additional charges will be assessed as stated above.
Ballroom & Exhibit Hall Standards
- The Ballroom and Exhibit Hall is equipped with permanent rigging points. Please refer to the facility CAD files for exact locations of the rigging points..
- All points either in the ball room or in the exhibit hall are rated at no more than 750lbs per point and 3000lbs over an entire beam.
- No more than 2 Multi Cables and/or 4 Sound or Video Cables will be run without a cable bridge. Flown cable path, cable type and quantity should be listed on your rigging plot. If you have questions as to whether you need a cable bridge for your event, please call and we will advise you.
- All connections to the ceiling or supporting structure of NKYCC must be made by MAC Productions.
- Flown equipment may only be moved by a MAC Productions Rigger. Adjustments to any flown equipment will only be done under the supervision of MAC Productions.
- Additional weight cannot be applied to flown equipment after MAC Productions Riggers leave the room.
- Under no circumstances may a person be suspended, walk or climb upon any point or supporting structure attached to the ceiling.
MAC Productions is pleased to exclusively provide CM Loadstar Chain hoists. These hoists were designed specifically for convention center use. MAC shall be the sole provider of all chain hoists, used at this location.
CM LODESTAR 1/2 TON ELECTRIC CHAIN HOIST
- Model 230/460 – 3 – 60 – F (1/2 Ton Single Speed / 3 phase)
- 60' lift @ 16' per min.
- Total weight 130 lbs. (including chain)
- 1000lbs. lifting capacity.
- Motion Labs 7 Pin control system.
- A scissors lift is required for all rigging calls at NKYCC. MAC will provide a lift to install motors for any portion of the rigging MAC is providing. Only MAC Production Personnel may operate house lifts. If you need a house lift for focusing a MAC technician must operate the lift for you. Clients must may supply their own lifts for their needs. All lifts used in The Northern Kentucky Convention Center must have white, non‐marring tires and be in good repair. Operators must present documentation verifying that they are trained in lift operations to operate any lift they have brought into NKYCC. Operators musts present their certification card to the MAC Productions Event Supervisor prior to any lift being operated. You will not be allowed to operate any lifts until the operator has shown they have a valid certification to operate lifts and only those operators with certification will be allowed to operate any lift they have brought into the building.
- All Lifts are subject to inspection by NKYCC Engineering Department or MAC Productions prior to use in building. Construction or outdoor lifts will not be allowed in NYKCC.
- All equipment and materials flown must pass ANSI guidelines and be approved by MAC.
- Dynamic (moving) elements are not allowed at NKYCC
- A steel safety backup is not required on each individual item suspended with a nylon sling.
- All nuts and bolts used overhead must be rated and all wire rope clips and overhead hardware (eyebolts etc.) must be forged, unless approved by MAC.
MAC On-Site Practices
- Late schedule changes and/or changes to the previously approved and submitted CAD Plot will result in additional charges of $75 per hour (1‐hour minimum).
- MAC will make all connections to the ceiling and assist your staff in attaching those connections to your truss and equipment. Please contact our offices for clarification of what services and equipment we offer to assist you in a safe and cost effective event.
- MAC will not "dead hang" items over 100lbs or 10' in length with a scissor lift. Chain hoists or crank towers must be used.
Rigging Safety Review / CAD Work $250 per event (Required) / Late fees if applicable
- Monday – Sunday 8am – 12am $75 / hour
- Monday – Sunday 12am ‐ 8am $150/ hour
- All National Holidays ‐ (All Day) ‐ $150 / hour (if holiday falls on a weekend then the day prior or the day after will be considered the holiday as deemed by MAC Productions)
- All rigging crews will consist of a minimum of one (1) Rigger and one (1) Rigging Assistant. The number of Riggers and equipment required for your event will be determined by MAC Productions Rigging Supervisor and based on your plots requirements.
- A four (4) hour minimum call will apply to all rigging positions. Time beyond eight (8) hours will be billed in full hour increments. Riggers must have a meal break every five (5) hours. If there is less than eight (8) hours between rigging calls, additional charges will apply.
New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Good Friday, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day & day after, & Christmas Eve & Day. All changes in labor calls must be made with the MAC NKYCC Director of Events. Onsite rigging staff cannot change call times.
• Read the Rules and Regulations page, fill in the boxes at bottom of page and hit ‘submit’ button.
• Fill out the Event Questionnaire with as much info as possible and hit ‘submit’ button.
• Download appropriate room drawing / file type.
• Email completed plan drawing to NKYCC Director of Events for review / approval process.
Please submit plans and direct any questions regarding this step to:
Kevin Ivey: MAC NKYCC Director of Events
• A MAC Productions representative will contact you to let you know.
o The drawing has been received
o To verify info on your questionnaire and to let you know when you can
expect a quote for services
to be completed.
• Once the process of review is complete, a MAC Productions representative will contact you to discuss
any necessary revisions or to confirm
• Once plans are approved we will send a formal quote for rigging services to you along with verification
of your proposed rigging plot.
All ancillary equipment can be rented through MAC Productions.
All production time-lines and agendas are to be given to MAC Productions and NKYCC minimum two weeks prior to event start date.
All production and lead contact names and numbers to be given to NKYCC and MAC Productions as soon as possible certainly prior to the 2-week cutoff.
It is understood that the vendor will return NKYCC to its original condition upon completion of the services.
I have read the above guidelines and will adhere to NKYCC policies as outlined.