242 W Pike St
Covington, KY 41011
Phone: (800) 347-2902
Fax: (859) 491-3395
JOIN THE MAC TEAM
We specialize in producing live corporate events by providing our clients with turnkey productions that are seamlessly integrated into your live event marketing communications plans. Our services and benefits are second to none providing the most personable can-do attitude in the industry today. No one is more reliable and no one is more devoted to helping plan your live events and marketing communications that inspire, entertain and consistently demonstrate a return on your investment! We specialize in audio, video, lighting, video production, event management and av rentals.
MAC is looking to fill positions for AV Technicians and Event Managers.
We offer full benefits. A 401K is available. We are Equal Employment Opportunity Commission company.
EVENT PRODUCTION MANAGER
Event Production Management is a fast-paced and incredibly rewarding opportunity to those who can effectively manage time, people and AV resources, while ensuring a successful LIVE event. The Live Event Production Manager must be detailed oriented and have expert knowledge of all audiovisual components for large scale live events, meetings and conferences. The Live Event Production Manager position is responsible for implementing and delivering our clients vision via detailed quotes that including technical labor, equipment and logistics. Also, the qualified candidate would be responsible for event managing local events including delivery operation and onsite management. From sales, design, event management and prospective quoting, a successful candidate should have a passion for LIVE events and an ability to work within a production team environment.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Education and Experience
- Desired but not required a bachelor’s degree or multiple years’ experience in corporate live events, theatrical arts, lighting, audio, video, or related technical field.
- Must have experience managing a team of people accomplishing tasks on time.
- Possess organizational skills and excellence in client relationships.
- CADD experience.
- Experience with managing onsite AV technicians.
- Capable of coordinating with site venues including conference centers and hotels.
- Familiarity with R2 software or ability to learn equipment and inventory program.
Live Event Production Manager is expected to help plan and oversee all aspects of an event production including preproduction planning, quoting, onsite management. Adherence to a timeline is important and frequent communication with clients is a must. Live Event Production should expect local and regional travel within the USA, and willingness to work nights and occasional weekends.
- Manage all event operations and oversee ongoing events
- Provide assistance to current and new clients before, during and after events
- Work with MAC team to coordinate client’s needs
- Willing to work outside a typical 9-5 schedule
- Handle all customer communications in a positive, friendly, courteous and professional manner
- Meet with department heads of Lighting, Sound and Video and Sales Team to discuss the implementation and technical direction with the event planners/designers.
- Build Equipment Orders, Production Time Lines, and A/V Diagrams.
- Build R2 orders based on technical and logistical needs.
- Manage, oversee and lead the installation, operation and breakdown of various sized LIVE events.
- AutoCAD technical skills are a must.
- Customer management.
- Willing to travel
- Must be a self-starter, detail-orientated and able to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to build rapport and relationships with customers and clients alike
- Strong communication and multi-tasking skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Skills and Traits
- Good time management skills.
- The ability to put tasks in priority order and switch gears when necessary and multi-task several people and situations simultaneously.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills and superior communication skills
- Professional experience with audiovisual equipment: 5 years (Preferred)
Benefits: Full medical benefits and PTO after the introductory period.
Job Type: Full-time and applicants must be available to work some nights and weekends.
Salary: Dependent on experience.
A Technician is responsible for the set up and operation of basic/small-scale audiovisual systems including SOUND, VIDEO and LIGHTING. Position requires excellent customer service skills and the ability to work as a team.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Willingness to learn and operate audiovisual equipment and staging. Position requires a technical ability to learn adapt and operate LIVE events.
- Strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
- Meets with speaker and clients on site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
- Monitors events to ensure flawless operation.
- Ability to lift heavy cases and physically move heavy objects.
- Understands and fosters the client AV relationship.
- Computer skills are essential.
- Audiovisual knowledge of SOUND, VIDEO and LIGHTING and willingness to learn.
- Handles equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
- High School Diploma required and associate’s degree is preferred.
- 1 year of audiovisual experience or equivalent in educational environment is preferred but not required.
- A valid driver’s license is required and ability to pass a medical evaluation for operating a truck or commercial vehicle via DOT guidelines.
Recent PostsPosted on June 16, 2016
Why the phrase “Can’t you just grab our logo off the internet?” is dreaded among Graphic Designers.Posted on April 22, 2016 - Issue 14
Planning an event takes the intelligence of a nuclear physicist.Posted on March 23, 2016 - Issue 13
So What Do Meeting Planners Have in Common with Van Halen’s David Lee Roth?